Kent Police and Citizens Association
The Kent Police and Citizens Association (KPCA) was founded in 1972. It is a non-profit organization within the police department. All members of the police department are members of KPCA. KPCA is administered by 7 board members. The purpose of KPCA is to promote good personal relations between the police department and the community. All KPCA activities are funded solely by fund raising efforts and donations.
Some of the KPCA activities include:
- Sponsorship of a lane for the Children's Advocacy Center Bowl Against Abuse
- Advertisement in St. Patrick's School spring drama program
- Annual Fill-a-Cruiser event, to benefit local children during the Holiday season.
- Sponsorship of a boys' baseball team in the Kent Parks and Recreation League
- Sponsorship of a girls' softball team in the Kent Parks and Recreation League
- KPCA Annual Scholarship, provided to a graduating Senior at Theodore Roosevelt High School
- Purchased candy to be distributed to kids for Halloween