Frequently Asked Questions

Below we try to answer the most commonly asked questions. If you cannot find the answer you are looking for here, please Contact Us.

What is your address? Top of Page
Kent Police Department, 319 S. Water St., Kent, Ohio 44240. (Map It)
We are located at S. Water St. and Haymaker Pkwy., directly across the street from Walgreens. Parking is off of E. Day Street. Follow the sidewalk along E. Day Street to the public entrance at the corner of S. Water Street and E. Day Street.
What are your hours? Top of Page
The police department is open 24 hours a day.
Records are available from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Evidence may be released by prior arrangement. Please call to schedule a date and time.
How can I pay a parking ticket? Top of Page
Pay parking tickets in person at
Budget & Finance, 930 Overholt Rd., Kent, Ohio 44240
Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
After hours, there is a drop box near the entrance of Budget & Finance where payments may be made or tickets may be paid in person at the police department. Make checks payable to City of Kent.
Can I pay for my parking ticket with a credit or debit card? Top of Page
Yes. Click here to Pay Parking Tickets
How can I get a copy of my accident or case report? Top of Page
Accident reports are available on line - see Accident Reports Page.
In person -- Come to the police department between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
By Mail -- Mail your request to the police department. Include a note providing the Report Number (CR#), the date the incident occurred and the name of at least one of the parties involved. Including the location of the accident would be helpful. Enclose a self addressed, stamped envelope.
Is there a charge for a copy of a report? Top of Page
There is no charge for copies up to 19 pages. After 19 pages, it is $.05 per page, including the first 19.*
Where can I dispose of old drugs? Top of Page
There is a box in the parking lot of the police department where the drugs can be dropped off. It is a large grey box, similar to a postal mail box. It is located next to the handicap parking space.
Drugs can be dropped off any time. Please remove the label from the bottle. No needles please.
What time is curfew? Top of Page
Curfew applies to anyone under the age of 18.
On Sunday through Thursday, curfew hours are from 11:00 PM until 06:00 AM of the following day.
On Friday and Saturday curfew hours are from 12:01 AM until 6:00 AM.
What do the sirens mean? Top of Page
The City of Kent has emergency sirens that are set off during emergency situations. Most often, they are set off when bad weather approaches or other hazardous conditions exist. For further guidance see the Swift911 information below.
The sirens are tested twice a month, the first Wednesday of the month at 11:00 AM, and the third Wednesday of the month at 6:30 PM. The sirens run for three minutes.
When an actual emergency occurs, the sirens will run for nine minutes.
A Tornado Watch means conditions are right for a tornado to occur.
A Tornado Warning means a tornado has been sighted.
What time does the loud noise ordinance start? Top of Page
Between the hours of 9:00 PM until 8:00 AM of the following day, an officer may issue a citation if the noise can be heard beyond the property line. You may call about loud noise at any time outside this time frame, however you may be required to sign as a witness to the violation. Kent City Ordinance 509.12.
Where can I get a child's car seat inspected?Top of Page
The Kent Police Department does not inspect child car seats, but there are several nearby agenices that do. Click here to see a list of agencies that provide this service. The information can also be found on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's NHTSA site.

What is Swift911? Top of Page
Swift911 is a computerized high speed notification system that uses telephone, email, text or pager to notify you of an emergency situation such as a severe storm, waterline break, evacuation need or some other dangerous condition. Click here for more information or to add or update your contact information in our database.
* Fees and pricing are current as of 4-14-2016.
HSI Victim Notification Program Add/Remove/Update Your Contact Information

    SwiftReach Networks, Inc.

Click it or Ticket. Buckle Up Drive Sober logo
Visit Portage County Safe Communities College Town Kent Portage Prepares Got Drugs logo
Visit us on Facebook KPD Twitter Page