Alarm Service Provider
Dear Alarm Service Provider,
Pursuant to Kent City Ordinance 559, the Kent Police Dept. is required to notify any individual, partnership, corporation or other entity engaging in an alarm business within the City of Kent, that registration shall be made on an annual basis with the City of Kent. The provisions of Chapter 559 apply to all providers of alarm services to alarm end-users within the City of Kent, regardless the physical location of the provider's business.
The following requirements have been established to ensure compliance by both providers and users, and to maintain the safety and well-being of all citizens within the City of Kent:
- The name, address and telephone number of the alarm business, the kind of entity it is (individual, partnership, or corporate), and the name, address, and telephone number of the individual proprietor, partners, or directors and principal officers,depending on the nature of the entity applying
- A description of the alarm systems and devices offered for sale or lease to the public and a description of any services related to alarm devices offered to the public
- A list of all felony and misdemeanor convictions of individual proprietors, partners, or directors and principal officers of the applicant business, including the date and location of each conviction
- A statement as to whether the applicant has ever been denied a license or permit in any jurisdiction to engage in the alarm business or has had such license or permit revoked
- A statement as to the length of time the applicant has been engaged in the alarm business and where engaged.
- Failure to comply with the above requirements will result in the denial or non-renewal of registration to legally conduct an alarm business in the City of Kent.
- Upon compliance with the above requirements, the alarm provider will be notified in writing of the registration approval.
Kent City Ordinance Chapter 559,entitled Police Emergency Alarms, can be found in its entirety at here.
If you have questions concerning your registration, please contact me at 330.673.3221.
Sincerely, James Prusha Administrative Lieutenant firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for the Alarm Registration Form
Click here for the Emergency Notification Form